I’m back! Well, kind of…I’m really just ready to share our plans!
I am happy to report that I submitted my last paper two nights ago and I have my last college class to teach tomorrow (which has been the most fantastic experience)…and with only 14 days left of school (but I’m not counting), things are starting to wind down around here. Winding down for me means winding up for home projects. So, I started thinking again, and a lengthy list was born. This list has been lingering back there in the back of my brain – Justin wonders if I ever turn it off. And I have to be honest…no it doesn’t.
Special occasions usually get me going on getting our “to do” list completed…at least started. I’m hosting a baby shower for one of my dear friend in two weeks, and it’s time to start thinking about sprucing this place up and some “summer projects!”
So, here is our list in no particular order:
1. Paint the dining room – Restoration Hardware’s Silver Sage
2. Paint the den – Sherwin Williams Ancient Marble
3. Curtains in the den
4. Curtains in the dining room
5. Stain the deck
6. Finish the new flower bed out front
7. Plant all my annuals in their pots
8. Plant an ornamental tree in our front flower bed
9. Add wainscoting and built-ins in the dining room
10. Organize the play room
11. Add built-ins in the den
12. Do something with the kitchen island – I’m thinking paint
13. Add more cabinetry in the kitchen…with glass and the same paint as the island
14. Paint the master bedroom – color is undecided
15. Paint Jack’s room – color is undecided
16. Paint the laundry room – Sherwin Williams Sea Salt
17. Add cabinetry in the laundry room
18. Change up the mirrors in the master bathroom
19. Build a chalkboard calendar for the mudroom
20. Build wooden flower boxes for the summer mantle
And this is my Wish List
(Which really means: probably not happening now, this summer, or anytime soon for that matter…because funds need to be saved!) :
1. Honed travertine countertops for the kitchen.
2. Butcher block wood countertop on the island.
3. Hardwood floors in the family room and play room.
4. New sofa for the den, with linen upholstery.
We haven’t been just sitting around here writing papers…we’ve done a lot outside! I’m almost ready to take some pictures to share with you all. Justin laid about 8 yards of mulch last weekend (front and back), and relocated sod. It was a BIG job, but it looks fantastic!