We just got back from a fabulous, but quick, fall break trip to Chicago! And would you believe that shopping was not included? We did do the following:
Day 1: Checked in at Marriott Courtyard. We got an amazing online deal.
- Shaw’s Crab House for lunch upon arrival. Justin got the most amazing lobster roll sandwich with more lobster than I could believe on a toasted brioche bun. I got clam chowder (my favorite), the chopped salad, and a lobster sushi roll with caviar. Delish.
- Shedd Aquarium. Teachers get in free!
- Pequod’s Pizza for dinner! It’s our favorite.
- Brunch at The Bread Company. We all ate from the children’s menu.
- Cab ride to Lincoln Park Zoo. It’s free!
- Walk through Lincoln Park, and then the train back to down town.
- John Hancock Observatory and Water Tower Place (just to walk around).
- Wildfire for dinner! They have a three course dinner deal…I got a petite filet, which wasn’t very petite, Justin got a porterhouse, and “The Kid” got a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Swimming back at the hotel.
I do have a few projects in the works here at home…seemingly all at once. First, I am planning our Thanksgiving dinner this year at our house. I am working on napkin rings, place settings, and a few special fall decorations for the house and for my special guests. I will be posting more about that soon!
On the horizon is a post about our door casings that we have been working on for our dining room and living room areas. This process is taking longer than expected, but mostly because we just don’t have the a large time block to start and finish.
Plus, we have decided to revamp our bathroom. I have included our mood board and some ideas we having going on in our heads…
- The color is “Hazy Skies” Benjamin Moore
- Board and batten!
- Basket shelf from Pier One
- Art inspired by the photos…sea fantastic!