Jun 14, 2011

{Quick Supper Idea}

     “Traveling is all very well if you can get home at night. I would be willing to go around the world if I came back in time to light the candles and set the table for supper.” - Gladys Taber


Trader Joe’s Pasta Medley: A Quick Supper Idea



Now, before I begin, let me preface the statements I'm about to make with the fact that I'm not a chef, a food critic, or even a casual "foodie," but I want to recommend this food product from Trader Joe's.  I can’t say enough great things about the Pasta Medley frozen dish-in-a-bag. It’s good.  We think it's really good. We don’t eat a lot of frozen, pre-made foods, but this one is an exception. Veggies and pasta, for $2.49 at Trader Joe’s and it feeds about four people. I add a handful of frozen broccoli to stretch it, and to add more veggies to our plates. We usually have it as a side to grilled chicken or fish.

3 g of fat, 25 carbs, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein, 150 calories per 1 cup serving.

Ingredients…Bowtie Pasta, carrots, whole spinach leaves, red bell peppers, dried cheese, salt, corn protein, yeast extract, oregano, and other herbs and spices.


It’s great for busy nights and days…when you just don’t have time to cook a meal from scratch.  Just pour the contents in the skillet with butter or olive oil until heated through. 



Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.