Oct 5, 2017

{A Bed Knockoff} shhhh...

If you know me, you know that I love, love, love a good bargain.  I mean who doesn't?  I sometimes feel I am the queen of consignment and sales shopping.  My motto? "Never pay full retail for anything, and if you can't get it used, even better!"

Justin and I were looking to transition to a king sized mattress earlier this year, but I would not commit until I found the perfect headboard.  And then I found this beauty and it was love at first sight...



This absolutely gorgeous Aberdeen bed is from Pottery Barn!  It was perfect.  A little metal.  A little upholstery.  And it was named the Aberdeen, which coincidentally is where J and I were married 15 years ago!  It was perfect...

But at $1399 for the king + delivery there was no way I could afford this bed.  Plus, I still needed to purchase a mattress.  I truly mourn when these things happen.  

So the search continued for quite some time to find a replacement for the perfect bed (see above).  And one day, I was searching Target and found this...


What??? Could this be true?  And the price was significantly less.  At $529 with free shipping, I couldn't resist.  Plus, I had some gift cards I was hoarding!  SCORE!  This Kensington bed was a perfect knock off at about a third of the price.  

So, the wait was worth it and the scouring paid off.  The final verdict?  The bed is great, and sleeping on a king sized mattress is even better!

Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.