Oct 8, 2017

{better beauty}

Did you know that 28 countries in Europe have banned over 1,300 chemical ingredients commonly found in beauty products, compared to only 30 in the US?  Either did I! Even more surprisingly, the last year a federal law was passed governing personal care products was 1938; 79 years!  After learning these facts, I knew I had to get involved and needed share this information with the people I care about the most. 

Then a trusted friend introduced me to Beautycounter a little over month ago, and I am already a devotee. Beautycounter is a line of safe, clean, environmentally conscious and beautiful products; skincare, body products, kids products, and makeup. Beautycounter is on a mission educate consumers about safe ingredients in personal care products and as you know, education is my jam. So here I am...sharing their mission: To get safer products into the hands of everyone.  

It's a company I believe in.  It's a company that focuses on education and believes their company is a tool for positive change.  Beautycounter is a B Corp, which means they have committed to their consumers, not just their bottom line.  When making decisions, they may not do so at the expense of workers, public health, and/or the environment.  

After turning 40 I wanted to make a commitment to taking better care of myself.  I started working out at Orange Theory (more on that in a future post), switched to using safer cleaning products in my home, and changed what I use on my skin and hair.  I wouldn't consider myself a beauty expert, but I love the idea of using products that would be safer for me and my family and Beautycounter fits right in with my goals.  Beautycounter boasts The Never List™. This list includes more than 1,500 questionable or harmful chemicals that BC will never use as ingredients in  the products we sell.  

Not sure where to start or what to use?  I will definitely be recommending my favorite BC products on my blog, but I have a few that I think are must haves!  So, lets get started.  You won't be disappointed...

I love love love the Rejuvenating Face Cleanser.  It is a fresh and simple cleanser that lightly suds, but makes my skin feel so clean and fresh, and not dry at all.  It is by far the best facial cleanser I have ever used and I would recommend this as a must have BC product!  

Favorite Product #2 | Rejuvenating Face Cleanser
I have also really loved the No. 1 Brightening Spa Set.  I have acne prone skin, and facial oils used to scare me, but not any more!  My regimen starts with a clean face using the BC cleanswer, then I lightly rub two-three drops of the No. 1 Brightening Facial Oil all over my face.  I then I use the No. 1 Brightening Spray.  I. LOVE. THIS. STUFF.  Sometimes, it doesn't create a fine mist when spraying, so I just smooth on my face like a lotion. 
Favorite Product #1 | No. 1 Brightening Spa Set

They have two other spa sets for different types of skin.  If you are worried about aging and fine lines, try:


No. 2 Plumping Spa Set
 If you have oily skin and are prone to breakouts, you must try:
No. 3 Balancing Spa Set

I finish with the Rejuvenating Eye Cream and I would consider this another must have! I wake up with puffy eyes sometimes, and this as really become my go to remedy (Extra Tip: I place in the fridge to really soothe my tired and puffy eyes.)  Plus, it has helped diminish the look of my fine lines and wrinkles around my eyes, because turning 40 means those pesky fine lines are now becoming wrinkles.  This eye cream is a non-negotiable for my morning routine.  


Favorite #3 | Rejuvenating Eye Cream



You can check out all of Beautycounter products on my consultant page and read more about how Beautycounter is changing the beauty industry with safer ingredients and better beauty. 

Well, there you have it!  A few of my recommendations from Beautycounter!  Be Well!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.